There are many resources to help you navigate your life as a New College West student. Below are useful contacts to campus partners who can assist you in the logistical aspects of your life here on campus. And don't forget, you can always give your college office a call with any questions!
- Dennis Daly is New College West's Housing Regional Engagement Specialist and your source for all Housing questions. He can be reached by email at [email protected]
- For specific information about you dorm spaces please see the undergraduate housing res college page.
- Housing Office: 609-258-3460
- Roommate Issues & Social/Residential Life: Contact your RCA or College Office
- Temporary Disabilities: Contact your Director of Student Life
- Maintenance and requests for service: 609-258-8000, including pest control, during regular business hours (Monday- Friday. 7:30 a.m.- 5 p.m.): (609) 258-8000.
- Emergency maintenance service after hours, call Public Safety: (609) 258-1000.
- The Service Point is a central location where the campus community and visitors can receive an integrated suite of services related to student housing, parking, transportation, and TigerCard in support of the University’s academic mission and service to the community.
- Contact them at thepoint.princeton.edu or 609-258-8300
All of your mail will be received through your mailbox at the Frist Center Mailroom.
All mail is collected at Frist Room 106 (609-258-1304) and packages are collected at Frist Room 110 (609-258-1352).
Frist Center Mailroom Office Hours:
Monday through Friday: 10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Saturday: 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
All undergraduate student's campus mail should be addressed by the student's name and Frist box number:
XXXX Frist Campus Center
Princeton, NJ 08544
OIT Help Desk
OIT Helpdesk phone: 609-258-HELP (4357)
STC - Student Technology Consultants
(link to come shortly)
New College West students trained to solve your computer's problems.